BBB Shares Five Tips to Start Saving During
Military Saves Week
(Lake Havasu City, AZ – February 24, 2015) Better Business Bureau (BBB) joins Military Saves Week February 24 through March 1, motivating, supporting and encouraging military families to save money, reduce debt, and build wealth with free resources and information offered through BBB’s Military Line.
Organized by Military Saves, a partner in the Department of Defense’s Financial Readiness Campaign, BBB and thousands of organizations are encouraging the community to take the Military Saves Pledge and commit to saving.
To get started, BBB shares five tips to start saving:
1. Pledge to save. Take the Military Saves Pledge at bit.ly/militarysavespledge and join the more than 350,000 people committed to saving.
2. Select a savings option. Visit saveandinvest.org/
3. Set a savings goal. People save more when they have a goal in mind. Whether it is saving for retirement, an emergency or a child’s college education, keep your savings goal top of mind.
4. Use a savings checklist. America Saves offers a free savings checklist to help track your progress at bit.ly/savingschecklist.
5. Share your goal. Talk about your goal with family and friends and participate in trustworthy initiatives such as Military Saves Week.
Supporting Military Saves Week, BBB’s Military Line reminds military communities of the free resources available in the areas of financial literacy and consumer protection offered through the efforts of 112 BBBs across the U.S.
BBB’s Military Line offers free resources in the areas of:
1. Education - BBB teaches financial readiness classes at various military installations.
2. Outreach - BBB attends and supports community fairs, conferences and events, connecting with service members.
3. Information - BBB shares articles, links, and consumer alerts on our site, along with free consumer guides developed just for military members and their families.
4. Data Collection - BBB analyzes data received to help identify threats and needs of our military community in the marketplace.
5. Complaint and Dispute Resolution - BBB helps military consumers resolve disputes by taking complaints at bbb.org/complaints , and alerting on issues affecting the military community at large.Concerts | No Comments »